Several times during the Scouting year, the Council conducts Cub Scout camping weekends full of fun and adventure. These weekends offer Cub Scouts the opportunity to spend the weekend camping with their parents and family members. Our fall event, Spook-O-Ree, is always a favorite. More details of the event, including this year’s theme will be available as the event dates approach.
- Camp Owen J. Brorein, Odessa: Oct. 14—16 and Oct. 21—23
- Flaming Arrow Scout Reservation, Lake Wales: Oct. 14—16
- Sand Hill Scout Reservation, Brooksville: Oct. 14—16
- Spook-O-Ree Event Flyer (.pdf)
- Brorein Leader’s Guide (.pdf)
- Flaming Arrow Leader’s Guide (.pdf)
- Sand Hill Leader’s Guide (.pdf)
- Unit Roster (.pdf)
- Camp Brorein—Weekend One
- Camp Brorein—Weekend Two
- Flaming Arrow Scout Reservation
- Sand Hill Scout Reservation
Trained Leader Discount
As discussed on the Trained Leader Discount page, discounted fees are being offered to three
Scouting activities this year, including this year’s Spook-O-Ree camp outs. This discount is available for packs with at least 80% of their leaders fully trained for their leadership position.
To confirm whether your adult leaders have surpassed the 80% trained standard, please contact Earl
Richardson, Council Training Chair, by email. Earl will review your unit’s training records on the MyScouting website and verify whether the BSA’s records confirm the measure has been met. If verified, he will provide an alternate registration page at the discounted rate.
For more information about specific events, please contact the Event Director for each location:
- Camp Brorein:
- Flaming Arrow:
- Sand Hill Scout Reservation: